Welcome to the Puffy Professor

Welcome to an accountability blog. My goal is to find a balance between parenting, working, volunteering and living a healthier life. This blog describes typical struggles but from my own unusual life path.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fitbit

I used to use Fitbit religiously. They are the most fun is when you're traveling and walking in hilly cities like Edinburgh or San Francisco and at the end of the day it says you did 42 flights of stairs even though you were only walking streets. I misplaced my last Fitbit a few weeks ago and not 30 minutes after setting up a new one yesterday I found it in the pocket of my sweatshirt. Why does life work that way? 
So I'm tracking steps and entering what I eat on my iPhone. The Fitbit application keeps getting better. I do always have my phone with me and it finds the food and you enter the portion size. A far cry from the days of paper weight watchers cards and thick books of calorie counters. If tracking has become so much easier why aren't we getting skinnier. 
I still have my (now antique) weight watchers scale and scratched up thin square measuring cup that went on top. Any other experienced dieters still have that legacy kicking around? 

No comments:

Post a Comment