Welcome to the Puffy Professor

Welcome to an accountability blog. My goal is to find a balance between parenting, working, volunteering and living a healthier life. This blog describes typical struggles but from my own unusual life path.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What's the right motivation?

So I'm just plunking along. Down another pound but the January enthusiasm wanes quickly. Got a scare today with a request to be in a wedding party.  That is exciting and maybe adds the external motivation I need to kick this into a higher gear. It's one thing to be chubby in my own photos, decades ago when I got married my mom wanted me to postpone my wedding so I could lose weight. I didn't postpone and even followed the vegan diet plan she put me on for 2 months prior but I couldn't tell you what I lost. Next wedding was my sister's. She found her dream bridesmaid dresses, bought the 10 for her soon to be sister in law and bought me an 8 and 6 so I could sew the two together to make one dress. But this time around I have 15 months to get in better shape. I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment